Monday, March 23, 2009

Thank you Sandy and Kathleen

What I learned is that the end is the beginning. A very good lesson for me. Now I am ready to start the class again and really learn more. What I would take away is how powerful the last class was & it is a mini-lesson in what I/others can do next time: the model of the last class is eminently adaptable to several of the other classes (including perhaps the 1st one...). What did we do: we made something first, we reviewed what we did, we did some neurological imprinting of it, then we broke up into affinity groups, and we collaborated + talked to each other + we wrote to + networked with each other. Maybe that could be done every 3 hour session we have/had? Maybe do it 2 x's in the 6 hour all day session? It is the "imprinting" that I think is so powerful, as well as discovering the synergy within the affinity groups - to start with the affinity groups in February would make the experience different. Would it have been more powerful? That is something I think about, and will continue to think about as I design more lessons using technology and inter-activity.
Thanks Kathleen and Sandy for giving me so very much to work with, think about, and make new again.
Herb Felsenfeld

1 comment:

  1. Hi Herb
    These are great tips. And yes, next class will be even better because your class was the first time out of it's kind. So, you see, we learn form learning. Enjoyed your final comments a lot here.
    ~Kathleen

    ReplyDelete